In September, 2003, Ozark Border began offering bank draft service to its members. This has proven to be a very popular form of bill payment. Many of you have found this a great way to pay your monthly electric bill more easily, especially when used in conjunction with the cooperative’s automated meter reading system and budget billing.
For those not familiar with bank drafts:
- The member starts by completing a form (see sample), attaches a void check (or copy of one) to the form and sends it to the Cooperative’s Billing department.
- After that, the amount of each month’s electric bill is automatically withdrawn from the member’s bank account.
- The member will receive their bill at the beginning of each month showing the amount that will be drafted.
- Drafts for all participants will take place at the same time and will be on or near the 12th of each month.
- Bank Draft Authorization Form (please print and fill out).